Responsible for programming the FoxNews.com homepage. Candidates must be able to work the overnight schedule: 10pm to 7am.
- Write engaging, SEO-friendly headlines for the homepage.
- Use a mix of editorial judgment and metrics to determine the placement of stories on the homepage.
- Write breaking news banners and continually update story headlines in a breaking/developing news scenario.
- Participate in broader strategic discussions.
- Morning, evening or weekend work may be required.
- 2-4 years’ newsroom experience.
- Prior experience running a homepage for a national or local news site.
- Strong news judgment.
- Strong knowledge of news and current events.
- Experience writing on deadline for a major news organization.
- Must be able to fill in on other shifts when demanded by breaking news or other editorial responsibilities.
- Must be a skilled, fast writer and self-editor with strong AP Style skills.
- Must have the desire to work in a creative, demanding, competitive environment.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in journalism.
Additional Job Requirements:
- Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through careers.foxnews.com to be considered
- Must be willing and able to work overnight hours, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news
Must be willing to work a weekend schedule
- Must be willing to work in Los Angeles, CA
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
Description of Organization: FOX News Channel (FNC) is a 24-hour all-encompassing news service dedicated to delivering breaking news as well as political and business news. A top five cable network, FNC has been the most-watched news channel in the country for 15 years and according to a Suffolk University/USA Today poll, is the most trusted television news source in the country. Owned by 21st Century Fox, FNC is available in more than 90 million homes and dominates the cable news landscape, routinely notching the top ten programs in the genre.
FOX NEWS policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability or genetics, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. FOX NEWS equal employment opportunity philosophy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, transfer, promotion, employee benefits, compensation, and termination.