To provide specialist accounting and financial support and assist in ensuring that all statutory, tax and management reporting requirements are met for the DC Bureau.
- Prepare month end journal entries
- Complete monthly variance analysis and reports
- Prepare quarterly schedules
- White House pool finance
- Prepare cost reports for Special Events and International trips for other pool members and invoice when approved
- Review and approve cost reports submitted by other nets
- Prepare one time Subscriber agreements, obtain signatures, invoice and collect
- Review all international trip/domestic trip/special event budgets for accuracy and cost control.
- Negotiate one-time rate adjustments to rate card items if needed.
- Periodically check and review standard budget rates for accuracy.
- Meet with other pool finance members to review rates, cross billing items, etc.
- Prepare cost Reports for WH Domestic Transmission trips
- Prepare quarterly WH Reconciliations
- Maintain travel Advance account
- Fixed Assets
- DC Fixed Assets Accounts – review to make sure that the DC Fixed Assets account is accurate (disposals and additions)
- Review and approve Personal Property Tax Return
- Collaborate with weekly estimate
- Collaborate in preparing the Business Plan
- Expense Report
- Review and approve
- Help with Expense Report issues and questions
- Review AP batches
- Backup for payroll approvals
- Special projects as needed
- 4 years’ experience in a public corporation accounting department
- Strong understanding of accounting and financial management including month end processes and fixed assets
- Good reconciliation, analysis and problem-solving skills
- Experience working in a team and supporting the business with appropriate accounting and financial information
- Experience of working with Accounts Receivable
- Good computer literacy, strong Excel and SAP experience
- Excellent attention to detail
- Very good interpersonal & communication skills – ability to deal with people at all levels
- Good organizational skills and follow up of outstanding issues
- Hands on, confident, self-starter
- Experience working on multiple projects at one time
Additional Job Requirements:
- Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through careers.foxnews.com to be considered
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news
- Must be willing to work in Washington DC
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United State
Desired Job Requirements:
- CA, CPA, or equivalent a plus
- Auditing experience a plus
- JD Edwards knowledge helpful
- Knowledge of DC sales tax helpful
Description of Organization: FOX News Channel (FNC) is a 24-hour all-encompassing news service dedicated to delivering breaking news as well as political and business news. A top five cable network, FNC has been the most-watched news channel in the country for 15 years and according to a Suffolk University/USA Today poll, is the most trusted television news source in the country. Owned by 21st Century Fox, FNC is available in more than 90 million homes and dominates the cable news landscape, routinely notching the top ten programs in the genre.
FOX NEWS policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability or genetics, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. FOX NEWS equal employment opportunity philosophy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, transfer, promotion, employee benefits, compensation, and termination.