Role Purpose: This position will work closely with Producers, anchors, preparing stories for air in the Fox News DC Bureau.
- Write scripts for air
- Generate story ideas for live shots
- Log News
- Develop segments by selecting sounds bites and video
- Set up and conduct interviews
- Research and gather video for air
- Coordinate graphics requests
- Manage remote studio requests and guest logistics
- 3 years of experience in television production producing segments in a live show environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Good editorial judgment as well as strong logistical skills
- Ability to work under intense deadline pressure in the control room
- Motivated, self-starter who is able to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Able to demonstrate instant programming ideas in a breaking news environment
- Must be available to work weekend shifts and have the flexibility to work various daytime and nighttime shifts.
- Familiarity with iNews a plus
- Understanding of tapeless workflow in a newsroom
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize is a necessity
Additional Job Requirements:
- Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through careers.foxnews.com to be considered
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, including weekends and nights under tight deadline pressure
- Must be willing to work in Washington DC
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Candidate should be able to deal with daily script deadline pressure
- Able to react to breaking news with instant programming ideas.
- Knowledge of Viz editing/chyrons
- Knowledge and experience covering national politics and or congress
- Exceptional editorial skills: Ability to recognize stories with high potential for provocative, compelling television.
Description of Organization: FOX News Channel (FNC) is a 24-hour all-encompassing news service dedicated to delivering breaking news as well as political and business news. A top five cable network, FNC has been the most-watched news channel in the country for 15 years and according to a Suffolk University/USA Today poll, is the most trusted television news source in the country. Owned by 21st Century Fox, FNC is available in more than 90 million homes and dominates the cable news landscape, routinely notching the top ten programs in the genre.
FOX NEWS policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability or genetics, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. FOX NEWS equal employment opportunity philosophy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, transfer, promotion, employee benefits, compensation, and termination.