Role Purpose: This position is responsible for producing segments for Varney & Co and fill-in line producing. Candidates must show high-level knowledge of the political, financial, and business news. Prior line producing experiences a plus.
- Possess ability to pitch and develop story ideas, perform research, and write segments
- Book guests
- Produce reporter hits
- Produce graphics
- Communicate daily story development with senior producer
- Contribute in control room during show
- Take part in editorial planning
- Thorough knowledge of American politics and business news.
- Strong writing skills a must
- Strong research and reporting skills
- 3 years of experience in Television production producing segments and booking guest in a live show environment.
- Line producing experiences a plus.
- The ability to work under intense deadline pressure in the control room
- Breaking news experience
- Able to demonstrate instant programming ideas in a breaking news environment.
Additional Job Requirements:
- Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through careers.foxnews.com to be considered
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news
- Must be willing to work in NYC
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Candidate should be able to deal with daily script deadline pressure
- Able to react to breaking news with instant programming ideas.
- Line-producing experience is a plus.
- Exceptional editorial skills: Ability to recognize stories with high potential for provocative, compelling television.
- Knowledge of current events, politics and pop
Description of Organization: FOX Business Network (FBN) is a financial news channel delivering real-time information across all platforms that impact both Main Street and Wall Street. Headquartered in New York—the business capital of the world—FBN launched in October 2007 and is available in more than 80 million homes in major markets across the United States. Owned by 21st Century Fox, the network has bureaus in Chicago, Los Angeles, Washington, DC and London.
FOX NEWS policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability or genetics, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. FOX NEWS equal employment opportunity philosophy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, transfer, promotion, employee benefits, compensation, and termination.