Web News Editor/Writer, Foxnews.com Health section
Seeking Web News Editor/Writer for the Foxnews.com Health section.
Candidate must have an excellent grasp of health and consumer stories and a keen understanding of how they affect the individual. Strong knowledge of the health industry is required. A successful candidate will possess strong writing and editing skills and solid news judgment. MINIMUM 3 years combined print/broadcast/web experience with editorial capacities required. Health reporting and writing experience a plus.
A viable candidate must:
- Identify, rewrite, copy edit and publish Fox News-generated, freelance, content partner and wire service stories
- Transcribe interviews, turn video scripts into articles
- Manage story flow, page views and presentation of Foxnews.com health section
- Pitch and write breaking news and feature stories as assigned
- Manage and growing multiple social media accounts for FoxNews.com Health and talent
- Write compelling headlines, photo captions
- Identify, crop and treat photos and graphics
- Be a creative self-starter with an appetite for research and news gathering in the world of health & medicine
- Have exceptional interpersonal communication skills for managing internal and external relationships with vendors, contributors, experts, etc.