Fox News is looking for an experienced Web Designer to join our Digital team. As a Web Designer at Fox News, you will be responsible for driving forward the look and feel of the Fox News and Fox Business digital properties. You will work closely with all members of our design team, and work closely with various stakeholders from idea to execution. Design tasks will include graphical presentations, web user-interfaces, and dynamic interactive applications.
While web development skills are not required, a working understanding of web technologies - including front-end languages such as HTML and CSS, and concepts such as adaptive and responsive web design - are greatly beneficial, as concepts must be designed with development in mind. The ideal candidate will also have an appreciation for content-driven platforms and a semantic web standards-based approach.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite (primarily Photoshop, and Illustrator to a lesser extent)
- Experience in creating web user-interfaces. This may include concepting wireframes, utilizing grid systems, and following style and layout guidelines.
- Ability to work within a team, articulate concepts, and execute project requirements in a timely and organized manner, often under tight deadlines.
- Desire to expand web design knowledge within a fast-paced news environment.
- Experience delivering great customer experiences and a solid understanding of what made those customer experiences great
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated proficiency with web standards