The Senior Project Manager manages development projects across all Fox News digital properties from inception through deployment.
- Lead large-scale projects across all Fox News digital properties and oversee resource planning and tracking
- Provide guidance to other Project Managers on the team on Project Management principles and best practices
- Independently manage the full project lifecycle, from initiation through implementation (including but not limited to: requirements gathering, defining scope and schedule, obtaining approvals, documenting change requests, managing development, testing, user acceptance testing and training tasks)
- Ensure project documents (timelines, requirements, project documentation) are complete, current, and stored appropriately
- Interact with diverse technical and non-technical groups, spanning multiple functional areas (Product, Design, Operations, Quality Assurance, Developers, Ad Ops/Sales, Analytics)
- Effectively communicate relevant project information to management team, business leads and stakeholders across the organization
- Effectively communicate and work with third-party vendors and technology partners
- Keep the big picture in focus while being able to dive into the unique project challenges
- Adjust to rapidly changing technology and make decisions with limited information
- Lead cross-functional teams and manage multiple simultaneous projects with competing priorities
- 3+ years experience in managing web development projects through full lifecycle
- Familiarity with light-weight project management models such as Agile Methodology, Extreme Project management and Scrum techniques
- Experience in developing detailed project plans for complex projects involving challenging requirements, limited resources, and fixed deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong customer service focus, with the ability to communicate with highly technical management teams
- Solid decision-making and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated strong performance in prior roles, with increasing levels of responsibility and independence
- Knowledge and familiarity with version control systems (i.e. Git) and ticketing systems (i.e. JIRA)
- Comfortable driving projects spanning many disciplines, dedicated to serving internal and external users, and can think critically and strategically about the business
- Dynamic, results-oriented, detail-driven project manager with experience in web development and management experience
- A self-starter interested in technology, problem-solving, and troubleshooting in a constantly changing and fast-paced environment
Additional Job Requirements:
- Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through careers.foxnews.com to be considered
- Must be willing to work in New York, NY
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
About Fox News Digital: We hire the best and brightest developers. Our people work in small, dedicated teams that take projects from idea to realization, moving quickly to break new ground and deliver information to millions in real-time. Fox News has revolutionized the way people watch news, and now we’re transforming the way people stay informed and connect online. Whether you are an engineer, project manager, producer or designer, working at Fox News Digital means using cutting edge technologies and performing on a very big stage.
Description of Organization: FOX News Channel (FNC) is a 24-hour all-encompassing news service dedicated to delivering breaking news as well as political and business news. A top five cable network, FNC has been the most-watched news channel in the country for 15 years and according to a Suffolk University/USA Today poll, is the most trusted television news source in the country. Owned by 21st Century Fox, FNC is available in more than 90 million homes and dominates the cable news landscape, routinely notching the top ten programs in the genre.
FOX NEWS policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability or genetics, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. FOX NEWS equal employment opportunity philosophy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, transfer, promotion, employee benefits, compensation, and termination.