Fox News Digital is seeking a technical Project Manager. The project manager will be responsible for managing development projects from inception through deployment. The project manager should be comfortable driving projects spanning many disciplines, is dedicated to serving internal and external users, and can think critically and strategically about the business.
The Project Manager will lead projects across FOXNews.com and FOXBusiness.com websites. The ideal candidate is a dynamic, results-oriented, detail-driven project manager with experience in web development and management experience. The candidate must be a self starter interested in technology, problem-solving, and troubleshooting in a constantly changing and fast-paced environment.
- Independently manage the full project life cycle, from initiation through implementation; including (but not limited to) requirements gathering, defining scope and schedule, obtaining approvals, documenting change requests, managing development, testing, user acceptance testing and training tasks.
- Ensure project documents (timelines, requirements, project documentation) are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Interact with diverse technical and non-technical groups, spanning multiple functional areas - Strategy, Design, Operations, Quality Assurance, Developers, Ad Ops/Sales, Analytics. Must effectively communicate relevant project information to management team, business leads and stakeholders across the organization. Communicate effectively and work with third-party vendors and technology partners. Keep the big picture in focus while being able to dive into the unique project challenges. Candidate must have the ability to adjust to rapidly changing technology and make decisions with limited information.
- Lead cross-functional teams and manage multiple simultaneous projects with competing priorities.
- 3+ years experience in managing web development projects through full life cycle
- Familiarity with light-weight project management models such as Agile Methodology, Extreme Project management and Scrum techniques
- Experience in developing detailed project plans for complex projects involving challenging requirements, limited resources, and fixed deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong customer service focus, with the ability to communicate with highly technical management teams
- Solid decision-making and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated strong performance in prior roles, with increasing levels of responsibility and independence