Role Purpose: The Investigative Reporter is responsible for reporting, writing and recognizing story ideas and trends of particular importance to FoxNews.com audience.
- Work closely with senior editors to turn both short-term and more in-depth content, and to ensure editorial goals are reflected in the work
- Work under high-pressure environment both alone, and in a team
- Minimum 10 years as an established enterprise reporter, at least five years in a daily breaking news environment
- Established, deep clip file that demonstrates the skill and tenacity required to identify, research, turn and follow-up on stories that click
- Strong history of producing a stream of original stories of national and/or international impact
- Proven record of strong reporting AND writing, reporter must be able to turn sharp, fast copy under deadline pressure
- Analytical skill set that includes knowledge and experience in independent and organization-assisted research, FOIA requests, ability to plumb and maintain broad network of sources
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to both take direct, blunt guidance from editors and mentor lesser-experienced, developing journalist
- Very strong preference for those with video news experience, either as a reporter or a "one-man-band" reporter
Additional Job Requirements:
- Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through careers.foxnews.com to be considered
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news
- Must be willing to work in Washington, DC
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
Description of Organization: FOX News Channel (FNC) is a 24-hour all-encompassing news service dedicated to delivering breaking news as well as political and business news. A top five cable network, FNC has been the most-watched news channel in the country for 15 years and according to a Suffolk University/USA Today poll, is the most trusted television news source in the country. Owned by 21st Century Fox, FNC is available in more than 90 million homes and dominates the cable news landscape, routinely notching the top ten programs in the genre.
FOX NEWS policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability or genetics, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. FOX NEWS equal employment opportunity philosophy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, transfer, promotion, employee benefits, compensation, and termination.