Fox News is seeking a Digital Product Manager to join its Strategy & Design team.
As a Product Manager you will engage with stakeholders, vendors, designers, and project managers to implement projects ranging from full redesigns to vendor integrations, all within a fast-paced news environment.
You will also keep a pulse on competitors in the industry, best practices in web design, the latest trends in digital media, and the needs of the online editorial team — all to provide the foundation and vision for projects that will continue to drive traffic growth into the future.
- 3-5 years of digital technology experience in either a product, editorial, creative, or development role
- Ability to synthesize research, audience insights, stakeholder feedback, vendor recommendations and web trends into actionable product development plans
- Skilled at both verbal and written communication, and able to translate strategic vision into clear and concise digital requirements
- Understanding of basic web concepts such as XML/JSON APIs, content management systems, HTML, and CSS
- Passion for the web and the future of news
- Strives for greater efficiency, improved process, and higher quality
- A team player who’s able to maintain flexibility to get things done in a fast-past news environment
- Able to evaluate new product opportunities from an audience, editorial, and technology perspective
- Able to perform strategic business analysis to demonstrate ROI and P&L impact of products
- Able to be flexible and prioritize; every member of the team manages a mixture of initiatives both large and small
Bonus points for:
- Exposure to large news or media organizations
- Familiarity with online video processes and/or ad products
- Experience defining Content Management System workflows based on editorial needs