The QC Operator is responsible for assisting the Operations staff with solutions to transmission technical problems.
- Communicate with non-technical personnel to resolve equipment issues
- Learn new broadcast technologies and increase knowledge of existing systems
- Troubleshoot audio/video problems and comprehend equipment and techniques in the area of radio broadcast hardware and automation systems, as well as satellite/fiber transmission and affiliate relations.
- Program all commercials into radio automation systems for daily playback and run hourly transmits and receives for Fox News Radio Broadcasts.
- Operate technical equipment, including ENCO automation systems, digital workstations, Comrex, Tieline, Telos ISDN Interfaces, intercom systems, recording devices, audio consoles, and adobe audition/ pro-tools.
- Responsible for documentation, as well as provide cross training of peers on all broadcast equipment.
- 3 - 5 years overall radio experience and excellent skills operating a board during live news broadcasts as well as talk shows
- Able to work flexible hours including weekends in a fast-paced, exciting news environment
- Communicate effectively; both in writing and in person.
- Have a good understanding of system design and be able to create and follow signal flow drawings
- Well versed in the latest radio technologies
- Strong computer skills necessary
- Working knowledge of Windows, Mac, Outlook, Word, Excel, Adobe Audition, ENCO, and Pro Tools
Additional Job Requirements:
- Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through careers.foxnews.com to be considered
- Must be willing to work in New York, NY
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
Description of Organization: FOX News Channel (FNC) is a 24-hour all-encompassing news service dedicated to delivering breaking news as well as political and business news. A top five cable network, FNC has been the most-watched news channel in the country for 15 years and according to a Suffolk University/USA Today poll, is the most trusted television news source in the country. Owned by 21st Century Fox, FNC is available in more than 90 million homes and dominates the cable news landscape, routinely notching the top ten programs in the genre.
FOX NEWS policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability or genetics, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. FOX NEWS equal employment opportunity philosophy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, transfer, promotion, employee benefits, compensation, and termination.