Your Future is here!
Fox News Radio is looking for a Shift Editor for our Terrestrial Radio News operation. The Shift Editor is our editorial leader, working with news anchors to craft the content and structure of newscasts. We are looking for someone who thrives in a fast-paced deadline-driven newsroom, who excels at multi-tasking, has strong attention to detail, and works well in a team of journalists. Your writing and editing skills must be excellent, your editorial judgment first-rate.
This is a shift based role, you must be flexible to work the following shifts:
Sat & Sun (5:30a-2:05p)/(9:30p-6:05a)
Snapshot of your responsibilities:
- Format, program, coordinate, and produce a live news program
- Produce segments and produce reporter hits
- Manage and keep clear communication with reporters editors, assignment desk and anchors
- Keep newscast updated by working on developing stories as day progresses
- Handle staffing issues when managers are not present
- 5+ years experience editing all-news radio or producing live breaking news in a television control room
- Highly skilled in writing and copy editing
- Knowledge of iNews, ENCO and Adobe Audition (Cool-Edit) a major plus
- Strong digital journalism skills and social media experience
- Ability to make the right decisions during breaking news situations as well as during routine shifts
- Ability to interact with high profile talent
- Great communication skills, has a terrific attitude, and works well with a team
- Creative and “out of the box” thinking
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced work environment
You are masterfully skillful at:
- Working in a 24/7 news operation, we require flexibility in scheduling, including the ability to work nights, overnights, weekends, and early mornings.
- This role may also be called upon to assisting in the editorial structuring of some of our new media content (ex. Daily AM podcast).