Fox NewsEdge seeks a part-time freelance writer. The ideal candidate is a dynamic, highly motivated multi-tasker with a great attitude and the ability to work independently who is seeking a great opportunity to work in the fast-paced newsroom of the most powerful name in news.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Write scripts for items intended for distribution to more than 150 national and international NewsEdge affiliates.
- Perform basic edits and prepare video for the Edge’s content distribution system.
- Careful screening of video for potentially litigious elements.
- Fielding calls from affiliates inquiring about any aspect of overall Edge coverage.
- Opportunities for more advanced newsroom functions - e.g. set up & execution of interviews, producing ‘blocks’ of content for distribution and assembly of ‘as lives’ and PKG’s.
- Solid news judgment and understanding of fair and balanced journalism.
- Ability to work with others under strict pressure to meet imposed deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in related field).
- Broadcast writing experience at legitimate news organization or news producing affiliate.
- Strong knowledge of current events.
- Schedule flexibility – including willingness to work overnight, early AM, late night & weekend hours.