Your Future is here!
Fox News is committed to delivering news as it happens. We love what we do and we’re looking for passionate, talented people to help us lead, grow and achieve our goals. Joining the number one cable news network in America is a singular opportunity to be part of a highly successful, dynamic team that has transformed the way people get their information.
We are looking for a Windows Server Administrator to join our Fox News family. As the Windows Server Administrator you will install, configure and maintain servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements. You must excel at multitasking and be able to work with other members of the team remotely.
A snapshot of your responsibilities:
- You will be responsible for helping to maintain existing systems as well as implement new systems. The core responsibilities will be supporting and maintaining servers and other computing systems.
- A critical component of supporting the environment will be preparing for services outages and responding to them in a timely manner.
- You will provide extended coverage for the server team in NY, handling any server related issues that is escalated to the group.
- You will also provide remote assistance for the security and network teams in NY, should they need assistance with items such as moving switches, power cycling gear or running network connections.
- The systems administrator at Fox News will wear many hats, including assisting the current helpdesk in times of emergency.
- This candidate must be able to work 4pm to 12 midnight (M-F). There is some local travel
- You are proficient in Windows 2008/2012. (3+ years)
- Ability to configure servers for different functions (print server, dhcp, dns)
- Ability to apply patches using both windows updates as well as in-house patching solutions.
- Knowledge of server virtualization.
- Manage application updates, patches and hotfixes
- You have 3-4 years’ experience with Active Directory and 2-3 years’ experience with o365
- You have 2-3 years supporting remote access systems
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science preferred
- You are able to work 4pm to 12 midnight (M-F). There is some local travel involved.
- You can work on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment. You must be able to communicate technical information coherently, both verbally and in writing.