Your Future is here!
Fox News is committed to delivering news as it happens. We love what we do and we’re looking for passionate, talented people to help us lead, grow and achieve our goals. Joining the number one cable news network in America is a singular opportunity to be part of a highly successful, dynamic team that has transformed the way people get their information.
We are looking for an experienced web editor to produce and manage entertainment and celebrity content. Working with editors, reporters and freelancers in New York and Los Angeles, the web editor will create and develop large volume of entertainment content, primarily in the form of articles. You will also work to ensure content is SEO-friendly and promoted on social media.
A snapshot of your responsibilities:
- Work quickly and efficiently to identify, write, edit and publish entertainmentand celebrity content that clicks on the homepage and is picked up by search engines and drives traffic through social media
- Write, edit and publish breaking news in a high-pressure, open newsroom, making necessary calls to PR, law enforcement, and attorneys on fast-breaking stories
- Write compelling SEO-friendly headlines and present images that click across FoxNews.com
- Monitor, edit and publish wire content as needed
- Pitch and write original entertainmentand celebrity features; rewrite original content from third-party sources
- Identify stories that can be translated into compelling video packages
- Constantly track analytics and make necessary content adjustments to be sure traffic goals are being met
- Conceive and build new, compelling slideshows and update existing slideshows
- You have a minimum five years covering celebrities and entertainment content for a major national website or magazine
- You have a minimum two years of experience in high-traffic, high-pressure digital newsroom or equivalent
- Understanding of Photoshop and knowledge of basic photo editing
- You have excellent copy editing skills
- Thorough knowledge of AP Style
- Comprehensive knowledge of today’s entertainment and celebrity landscape
- Experience and ability working across CMS platforms
- Ability to work independently on morning and weekend shifts
- Flexibility to work mornings, weekends and evenings as needed
Nice to have (Not required but definitely a plus):
- You have good PR, celebrity and Entertainment industry contacts