Role Purpose: Fox News Channel is looking for a VIZ Artist who has a strong skill set in designing, animating, programming in VB script. This is a freelance short term role backfill. Approximately 12 to 20 weeks.
- Meet daily, long term, and event-driven project goals both individually and in a team environment.
- build and troubleshoot VIZ scene and template issues in a live control room and during breaking news environment.
- Interface with production team, senior artists and managers to produce viz templates at their request.
- Strong skill set in designing, animating, programming in VBscript and maintaining a full network of templated shows within the Vizrt environment.
- 2 years of professional experience with VIZ Artist software, including use of transition logic, Template Wizard, Trio and Pilot.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- 2 years professional experience with iNews, Photoshop, Illustrator and Aftereffects.
- Must be will to work a flexible schedule including late nights and weekends
- Highly organized and perform well under the pressures of a live news environment.
Additional Job Requirements:
- Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through careers.foxnews.com to be considered
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news
- Must be willing to work in NYC
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Experience working with IDS and Shot Link is preferred
- Leadership skills, including strategic thinking
- Collaboration with Creative Services on element deliverables for graphic builds.
Description of Organization: FOX News Channel (FNC) is a 24-hour all-encompassing news service dedicated to delivering breaking news as well as political and business news. A top five cable network, FNC has been the most-watched news channel in the country for 15 years and according to a Suffolk University/USA Today poll, is the most trusted television news source in the country. Owned by 21st Century Fox, FNC is available in more than 90 million homes and dominates the cable news landscape, routinely notching the top ten programs in the genre.
FOX NEWS policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability or genetics, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. FOX NEWS equal employment opportunity philosophy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, transfer, promotion, employee benefits, compensation, and termination