Your Future is here!
Fox News is committed to delivering news as it happens. We love what we do and we’re looking for passionate, talented people to help us lead, grow and achieve our goals. Joining the number one cable news network in America is a singular opportunity to be part of a highly successful, dynamic team that has transformed the way people get their information.
We are looking for a Senior Android Developer to join our Fox News family. As the Sr. Android Developer you will play a key role in building our native mobile architecture, influencing our mobile development stack, and developing enterprise-level applications on the Android platform. You will focus on phone and tablet features as well as OTT platforms like Android TV, Amazon Fire TV, and Android Wear. As an Android Developer you enjoy finding solutions to challenging problems and seek opportunities to build out the mobile development team including not just coding, but developing mobile frameworks, helping integrate with CI/CD, testing the application and solidifying the deployment process.
A snapshot of your responsibilities:
- You will be developing features and solutions for the Fox News app, Fox Business app, and more
- You will develop features for OTT platforms, such as Android TV and Amazon Fire TV
- Architecting solutions for enterprise-level challenges such as registration, caching, media playback, and others
- Architecting the mobile development stack for unit testing, CI/CD workflows, deployment
- You will work with other developers across different environments such as web, CMS, and backend service teams
- You have 5+ years' experience in Android Development using Java
- You have strong knowledge of design patterns
- Expert knowledge of with source control systems, specifically git
- Experience with unit testing in a mobile development stack
- Experience with RESTful JSON feed consumption
- Experience with push notification integration and deep linking
- Experience with analytics libraries such as Omniture, comScore, etc.
- Experience with OTT development such as Amazon Fire TV or Android TV preferred
- Experience with Android Wear development preferred
- Expertise with latest development paradigms regarding performance, security, and coding best practices
- Ability to communicate cross-team with QA, Project Management and Product Owners
- BS or higher in Computer Science or related field