Your Future is here!
Fox News is committed to delivering news as it happens. We love what we do and we’re looking for passionate, talented people to help us lead, grow and achieve our goals. Joining the number one cable news network in America is a singular opportunity to be part of a highly successful, dynamic team that has transformed the way people get their information.
We are looking for a Research Information Specialist that has a strong knowledge of current events as well as a keen interest in the details of politics, public affairs, and business news to join our team. You will work with colleagues across the organization, including producers, writers and executives to prepare and provide information that confirms facts, adds context, and informs our national audience.
A snapshot of your responsibilities include:
- Retrieve, analyze, and confirm news information, facts, statistics, and contacts
- Produce briefing books and news backgrounders for reporters and producers
- Assist with providing information for special projects and planned events like Congressional hearings, elections, and topical town halls
- Proactively provide compelling information for Fox Facts, Tweets and story pitches
- You must submit a Cover Letter to be considered
- Bachelor’s degree
- Passion for research, current events, politics, and business
- Ability to juggle multiple assignments under tight deadlines
- 3+ years of experience in a research role or strong internships in a professional live news environment
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule, including regular weekend hours, early mornings or evenings, and holidays
- Researching using Lexis-Nexis, Factiva, Accurint, and the internet
- Identifying primary sources
- Working in a team environment
Not required, but would be a plus if:
- You have knowledge of iNews
- Government, political, or economic current awareness with a research bent