Your future is here!
Fox News is committed to delivering news as it happens. We love what we do and we’re looking for passionate, talented people to help us lead, grow and achieve our goals. Joining the number one cable news network in America is a singular opportunity to be part of a highly successful, dynamic team that has transformed the way people get their information.
Our mobile team is looking for Quality Assurance Analyst who will be responsible for testing Fox News and Fox Business products across iOS, tvOS, Android, Amazon and other emerging media platforms. You have a passion for technology and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
A snapshot of your responsibilities include:
- Ensure that all aspects of the application have proper testing coverage prior to mobile app submission, including Functional, System, Performance, and Acceptance testing
- Collaborate with mobile team to ensure that quality standards and business requirements are met within a specified project timeline
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to devise test cases
- Extract logs and gather diagnostic information, including detailed reproduction steps, reproduction rates, screenshots, and videos for issues encountered during testing
- Continuously improve test plans for mobile applications to simulate real world user scenarios
- Provide status updates on testing progress daily including release recommendations and quality sign off to the Mobile Team
- Assist the FoxNews.com Community team with customer support, investigate user bug reports, and provide feedback to developers to address user issues
- Actively participate in project development meetings such as backlog grooming and sprint planning
- Keep up to date with changes to Android and iOS hardware and software
- BS / BA degree (Computer Science related preferred) or equivalent work experience.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Critical thinking and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and importance of issues to be resolved
- Familiarity with iOS and Android platform fundamentals with an interest in learning about other emerging platforms
- Ability to work both independently (self/time management skills) and collaborate with a team
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize
- Experience in testing multiple operating system platforms and devices types (handset, tablet, etc.)
- Experience with Agile software development
- QA Automation experience a plus
- Experience using Charles Proxy, Android Studio and other logging software a plus
- Experience using JIRA, Confluence, TeamworkPrior Mobile QA experience is a plus