Your Future is here!
Fox News is committed to delivering news as it happens. We love what we do and we’re looking for passionate, talented people to help us lead, grow and achieve our goals. If your dream is to work in TV, joining the number one cable news network in America is the opportunity of a lifetime. You will work side-by-side with the best in a business and be part of a highly successful, dynamic team that has transformed the way people get their information.
Fox News is seeking a Project Manager for the Digital group. As the Project Manager you will lead the development of projects from inception through deployment. You will drive projects spanning many disciplines, dedicated to serving internal and external users and will think critically and strategically about the business. As a Project Manager you are a results-oriented, detail-driven individual with experience in web development and management experience. You are a self-starter interested in technology, problem-solving, and troubleshooting in a constantly changing and fast-paced environment.
A snapshot of your responsibilities:
- Managing the full project life-cycle, from initiation through implementation; including (but not limited to) requirements gathering, defining scope and schedule, obtaining approvals, documenting change requests, managing development, testing, user acceptance testing and training tasks.
- Ensuring project documents (timelines, requirements, project documentation) are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- You will interact with diverse technical and non-technical groups, spanning multiple functional areas (Product, Design, Operations, Quality Assurance, Developers, Ad Ops/Sales, Analytics)
- You will effectively communicate relevant project information to management team, business leads and partners across the organization.
- Communicating effectively and work with third-party vendors and technology partners.
- You will keep the big picture in focus while being able to dive into the unique project challenges.
- Adjusting to rapidly changing technology and make decisions with limited information.
- Lead multi-functional teams and manage multiple simultaneous projects with competing priorities.
- 3+ years’ experience in managing web development and/or mobile application projects through full lifecycle
- Familiarity with light-weight project management models such as Agile Methodology, Extreme Project management and Scrum techniques
- Experience in developing detailed project plans for complex projects involving challenging requirements, limited resources, and fixed deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong customer service focus, with the ability to communicate with highly technical management teams
- Solid decision-making and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated strong performance in prior roles, with increasing levels of responsibility and independence
- 1+ years’ experience managing application deployments
- 1+ years’ experience working with APIs and Feeds
- Knowledge and familiarity with version control systems (i.e. Git) and ticketing systems (i.e. JIRA)
- Bachelor’s degree preferred