The Producer is responsible for editorial content and producing content for 1 hours of live primetime weekend programming..
- Works with Sr. Producer and other team members to decide story selection, placement, length, editorial treatment and overall presentation of shows and segments.
- Has the ability to build creative show rundowns.
- Back up Line produce
- Can effectively communicate to host and control room staff during live shows/segments.
- Manage/make assignments to writers and copy editors working with their team.
- Pitch story ideas for both day of and future story ideas.
- 3 years show producing at a local station or network
- Ability to execute live segments
- 2 years lining producing in a live broadcast environment
- Strong writing skills and editorial judgment as must
- Ability to write and copy edit scripts for air
- Demonstrated out of the box thinking, competitive edge
Additional Job Requirements:
- Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through careers.foxnews.com to be considered
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news
- Must be willing to work in NYC
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Candidate should be able to deal with daily script deadline pressure
- Experience interacting with high profile talent
- Field Producing
- Able to react to breaking news with instant programming ideas.
- Exceptional editorial skills: Ability to recognize stories with high potential for provocative, compelling television.
Description of Organization: FOX News Channel (FNC) is a 24-hour all-encompassing news service dedicated to delivering breaking news as well as political and business news. A top five cable network, FNC has been the most-watched news channel in the country for 15 years and according to a Suffolk University/USA Today poll, is the most trusted television news source in the country. Owned by 21st Century Fox, FNC is available in more than 90 million homes and dominates the cable news landscape, routinely notching the top ten programs in the genre.
FOX NEWS policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability or genetics, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. FOX NEWS equal employment opportunity philosophy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, transfer, promotion, employee benefits, compensation, and termination.