Your Future is here!
Fox News is committed to delivering news as it happens. We’re looking for passionate, talented people to help us lead, grow and achieve our goals. Joining the number one cable news network in America is a singular opportunity to be part of a highly successful, dynamic team that has transformed the way people get their information.
We are looking for an experienced, Los Angeles-based web editor to help produce and manage the operation of FoxNews.com during late night and early-morning hours. Working with a savvy team of senior editors, reporters and producers, the editor will identify and update breaking news stories, and proactively seek out under-reported stories of interest to our audience. Editor will also work to ensure content is SEO-friendly, and promoted on social media.
A snapshot of your responsibilities:
- Monitor story flow, page turns and presentation of Foxnews.com stories, story pages and section fronts
- Work with senior editor, front page editors, SEO and social team to present sharp, compelling headlines and story/photo captions
- Identify, edit and publish Fox News-generated, freelance, and wire service stories
- Report and rewrite news stories on deadline as needed
- Identify, crop and treat photos and graphics for placement throughout Foxnews.com
- Minimum two years proven experience in daily breaking news environment, preferably at local market or national level
- Demonstrated editing, writing and news judgment skills
- Excellent knowledge of current events and relevant history
- Flexibility to work evening-early morning shift
- Photoshop experience, basic understanding of HTML, video editing
- Ability to both work very closely with others and function independently with minimal supervision, depending on the situation
Nice to have (Not required but definitely a plus):
- Video production experience
- Experience in major local market or national newsroom operation
- Familiarity with range of content management systems