Fox News is seeking a Manager of Application Development to provide inspiring leadership, technical vision and oversight to the engineering teams responsible for the Fox News mobile apps. This position includes opportunities to work with state-of-the-art mobile technologies and large-scale infrastructure, in addition to looking at experiences beyond traditional web to new channels of consumer engagement.
The Manager of Mobile Application Development is a key leadership role within Fox News and will be accountable for developing team members, maintaining a terrific culture and ensuring high levels of engagement.
The mobile development team will be responsible for identifying, developing, and supporting the Fox News mobile presence, including Android and iOS applications. The ideal candidate has experience designing and building native apps for Android and iOS, experience working with new technologies and conventions such as Swift and Android, and a deep knowledge of the mobile market.
- Lead a group of mobile developers focused on delivering high quality solutions as we continue to advance our mobile products, delivering superior experiences to our customers.
- Build out our mobile apps platform to allow Fox News to quickly iterate and scale mobile app development with standards, automation, monitoring and rapid testing.
- Continuously monitor the mobile app space looking for new opportunities and challenges.
- Contribute to application development as a domain expert when necessary, leading by example and setting a high development standard.
- Contribute to appropriate communities of practice to promote, develop, and mature existing and innovative ways to solve technical problems and improve the product development process.
- Act as a subject matter expert in Mobile and beyond traditional web channels and bring innovative strategies and ideas to the business.
- Five years of professional experience in mobile application development.
- Strong understanding of technology design patterns and approaches including micro-services concepts, continuous integration and delivery, and Mobile development
- Passion and knowledge of building products accessible to everyone, regardless of the platform
- A track record of managing innovation, developing and applying creative solutions to business problems, anticipating situations and needs, and finding flexible answers to new situations.
- Persistent yet flexible; pragmatic; capable of dealing with ambiguity and uncertainty while remaining focused on results and speed.
- Strong problem solving abilities and capable of interfacing with both engineers and business stakeholders
- Communication skills for motivating, persuading and challenging business objectives to drive high performance solutions meeting customer needs
- Must be a strong team leader and have good interpersonal skills that can foster, demonstrate, and promote excellence in a team environment
- Reliable, self-motivated, and focused on high quality delivery of work products and willing to accept responsibility and accountability
- Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through careers.foxnews.com to be considered
- Must be willing to work in Atlanta, GA
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
About Fox News Digital: We hire the best and brightest developers. Our people work in small, dedicated teams that take projects from idea to realization, moving quickly to break new ground and deliver information to millions in real-time. Fox News has revolutionized the way people watch news, and now we’re transforming the way people stay informed and connect online. Whether you are an engineer, project manager, producer or designer, working at Fox News Digital means using cutting edge technologies and performing on a very big stage.
Description of Organization: FOX News Channel (FNC) is a 24-hour all-encompassing news service dedicated to delivering breaking news as well as political and business news. A top five cable network, FNC has been the most-watched news channel in the country for 15 years and according to a Suffolk University/USA Today poll, is the most trusted television news source in the country. Owned by 21st Century Fox, FNC is available in more than 90 million homes and dominates the cable news landscape, routinely notching the top ten programs in the genre.