Your Future is here!
Fox News is committed to delivering news as it happens. We love what we do and we’re looking for passionate, talented people to help us lead, grow and achieve our goals. Joining the number one cable news network in America is a singular opportunity to be part of a highly successful, dynamic team that has transformed the way people get their information.
In this newly created role you will be responsible for overseeing all areas of technical accounting including, documentation and research related to accounting transactions and reporting requirements, documentation and enforcement of company policies related to internal controls, accounting processes, procedures and workflows.
Snapshot of your responsibilities:
- Establish, maintain and support compliance with company-wide accounting policies, including communication
- Drive the financial audit process
- Review business unit initiatives and transactions to ensure consistent treatment of accounting policies, such as revenue recognition
- Lead SOX scope, documentation and test of controls for the company, in accordance with corporate policy, including remediation of any control deficiencies
- Liaison with internal and external audit for substantive, controls and process audits
- Determine and support management of corporate compliance-related policies, including identifying and tracking compliance-related transactions
- Serve as technical expert for accounting related issues, including acting a liaison with corporate partners for changes to accounting standards
- Assist in special projects that focus on strategic and business issues that arise, including investments, business combinations, accounting and financial support software
- 6+ years of broad accounting experience
- Substatial US GAAP experience, including new standard assessment
- Experience leading SOX documentation and audits
- Internal Audit experience
- Work both independently and in a group setting, and strong ability and desire to adapt to changing business needs.