Your Future is here!
Fox News is committed to delivering news as it happens. We love what we do and we’re looking for passionate, talented people to help us lead, grow and achieve our goals. Joining the number one cable news network in America is a singular opportunity to be part of a highly successful, dynamic team that has transformed the way people get their information.
We are looking for a talented Line Producer to join America’s News Headquarters at Fox News Channel's Washington, D.C. Bureau working on the weekends producing ANHQ from 12p-2pm Saturday and 1pm-2pm Sunday, as well as additional breaking news events. As a Line Producer you have the ability to handle breaking news events that require quick thinking. You are also ability to make major changes to the rundown and guest bookings on the fly. You have great communication skills and “out of the box” thinking.
A snapshot of your responsibilities include:
- Line/control room producing, writing, copy editing, producing segments, editing packages, researching and booking guests for live news programs.
- Lead a small staff that puts on three to four hours of live television every weekend.
- Line producing – stacking a show, assigning stories, timing a show, writing breaking news, and copy editing
- Booking guests, producing segments, generating ideas, editing packages, producing reporter hits, in-depth research, producing graphics, field producing on occasion, and pitching stories.
- A bachelor’s degree and or relevant work experience
- Natural ability to write effectively and creatively
- 3 years of professional experience in a live television environment
- 2 years of professional experience in a live control room lining a show
- Thorough knowledge of American politics and business news
- Strong writing and copy editing skills a must
- Strong editorial judgment
- Strong research and reporting skills
- Ability to work under intense deadline pressure in the control room
You are masterfully skillful at:
- Working with and stacking an everyday rundown, as well as breaking news
- Knowledge of using a graphics systems for banners, and editing video
- Being a leader and managing the team that helps you put on the best show in cable news