Under the direct supervision of the Executive Vice President of Human Resources, this position provides high-level administrative support for the EVP including scheduling, screening calls, and preparing correspondence. Sensitivity to confidential matters is required. Additionally, opportunities to work on special projects as requested by the EVP can develop. This role deals with a diverse group of both internal and external stakeholders at all levels within and out of the organization. Excellent judgment, interpersonal skills, and initiative are required to plan, prioritize and organize a diversified workload in a fast-paced work environment.
• Maintains EVP’s complex schedule by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences, travel, and department activities.
• Organizes and prioritizes large volumes of confidential and ad hoc information.
• Supplements EVP’s time by reading, researching, and sending correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; initiating communications. Responsible for accuracy and clarity of final copy.
• Develops, maintains and updates extensive contact database and filing system.
• Acts as a liaison with both internal and external stakeholders, including high-level staff such as CEOs, Presidents, etc.
• Manages projects and special assignments at the request of the EVP by establishing objectives, determining priorities, managing time, gaining cooperation of others, monitoring progress, problem-solving, and making adjustments to plans.
• Recommends improvements for office practices or procedures.
• Bachelor’s degree (ideally in Business Administration or Communications with a concentration in Human Resources)
• Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
• Time Management
• Communication Proficiency
• Collaboration Skills
• Technical Capacity
• Stress Management/Composure
Additional Job Requirements:
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through careers.foxnews.com to be considered
• Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure
• Must be willing to work in NYC
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
Description of Organization: FOX Business Network (FBN) is a financial news channel delivering real-time information across all platforms that impact both Main Street and Wall Street. Headquartered in New York—the business capital of the world—FBN launched in October 2007 and is available in more than 80 million homes in major markets across the United States. Owned by 21st Century Fox, the network has bureaus in Chicago, Los Angeles, Washington, DC and London.
FOX NEWS policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability or genetics, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. FOX NEWS equal employment opportunity philosophy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, transfer, promotion, employee benefits, compensation, and termination.