Your Future is here!
Fox News is committed to delivering news as it happens. We love what we do and we’re looking for passionate, talented people to help us lead, grow and achieve our goals. If your dream is to work in TV, joining the number one cable news network in America is the opportunity of a lifetime. You will work side-by-side with the best in the business and be part of a highly successful, dynamic team that has transformed the way people get their information.
As a Makeup Artist and Hairstylist for Fox News, you know how to ready a person for their close-up! Your skills in makeup artistry and hair styling guarantee that you can make anyone feel confident in their own skin. You will be a member of a team of artists responsible for preparing Fox News anchors, reporters and guests to appear on national television. This role will require a high level of proficiency in makeup artistry and hair styling for both men and women, as well as the ability to understand and work in the rapidly changing environment of cable news.
A snapshot of your responsibilities:
- Makeup application in a manner appropriate for television for both men and women; often this has to be accomplished very quickly with a high level of skill, especially for women.
- Hairstyling in a manner appropriate for television. This too has to be accomplished very quickly and includes a high level of proficiency in the techniques of blow-outs and velcro roller set, as well as using hot irons to accomplish volume and smoothness and a defined hair style for women.
- Provide excellent customer service for Fox News anchors, reporters and guests who are visiting Fox News by always projecting a friendly, helpful demeanor.
- Demonstrate the ability to identify and solve problems by proposing solutions.
- Be a dedicated teammate at all times. Jump in to help others who are readying guests for air. Be a good steward of the hair and makeup room by sharing in this responsibility with your other colleagues.
- Keep the hair and makeup room and one's personal space clean, tidy and free of clutter and identify products that need to be replenished to management so that supplies are well stocked.
- Understand that the nature of television news requires employees to be able to change their schedule and/or work earlier or later than a planned shift to accommodate the needs of a news bureau responding to breaking news.
- 3+ years of experience working in the field of television makeup and hair.
- Demonstrated ability of makeup and hair for both men and women.
- A high personal standard of excellence that leads you to being meticulous and careful in your work.
- A warm, positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a very professional manner as a representative of Fox News Channel when greeting and looking after guests appearing on air.
- Promptness and dependability.
- Candidates must be flexible with their schedule as shifts change frequently depending on breaking news.
This role does not provide visa sponsorship