The NewsEdge part-time freelance producer is responsible for producing individual news packages and overseeing the production of news content for distribution to 175 NewsEdge national and international affiliates via the Edge Cloud video service.
- Overseeing production of so-called ‘blocks’ of news content consisting of various types and formats for affiliates newscasts. This includes managing a show-like rundown and seeing to it that stories are produced and sent in a timely manner.
- Copy editing scripts and screening video for QC & potentially litigious content prior to distribution.
- Management of multiple Edge Live Channel satellite/streaming live feeds for breaking news coverage.
- Production of packages involving the following steps: pitching story ideas, writing copy, acquiring and organizing video, coordinating and securing talent/track, overseeing edit process. In addition the producer is responsible for any video usage issues which may arise.
- Opportunities for experience in other aspects of news coverage including interviews, field production, and basic managerial responsibilities.
- Solid news judgment and understanding of fair and balanced journalism.
- Ability to work with others under strict pressure to meet imposed deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in related field).
- Writing and producing experience at legitimate news organization.
- Strong knowledge of current events.
- Willingness to work flexible hours e.g. overnight, early AM, late night & weekends.
Additional Job Requirements:
- Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through careers.foxnews.com to be considered
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news
- Must be willing to work in NYC
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
Description of Organization: FOX News Channel (FNC) is a 24-hour all-encompassing news service dedicated to delivering breaking news as well as political and business news. A top five cable network, FNC has been the most-watched news channel in the country for 15 years and according to a Suffolk University/USA Today poll, is the most trusted television news source in the country. Owned by 21st Century Fox, FNC is available in more than 90 million homes and dominates the cable news landscape, routinely notching the top ten programs in the genre
FOX NEWS policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability or genetics, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. FOX NEWS equal employment opportunity philosophy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, transfer, promotion, employee benefits, compensation, and termination.