Your Future Is Here!
Fox News is committed to delivering news as it happens. We love what we do and we’re looking for passionate, talented people to help us lead, grow and achieve our goals. Joining the number one cable news network in America is a singular opportunity to be part of a highly successful, dynamic team that has transformed the way people get their information.
We are looking for a Freelance Lighting/Studio Operations Technician to join our Fox News family. As the Lighting/Studio Operations Technician, you will create and maintain lighting cues, set design and scenic props for FNC/FBN. Techs have daily and project based assignments and will work directly with Lighting Designers, Supervisors and other technical crew.
A Snapshot of Your Responsibilities:
- You will be responsible for stagehand, rigging, light board operations and programming, special effects, location set ups, etc.
- You will be responsible for set maintenance and repair work and Set up and breakdown protocol for shows and studios
- You will organize and maintain staging areas for prop and gear inventory
- You will support and assist Lighting Director and Stage Tech leads
- You will organize prop and storage coordination
- Prep, organize, hang and maintain support and storage facilities
- Operate specialty equipment
- Understand and implement back-up protocol when necessary
- Assess, advise and assist with proper stage, scenic and lighting set-ups
- You have basic knowledge of lighting consoles (Ion, Eos, Smartfade)
- Basic knowledge of lighting fixtures and rigging equipment
- Basic understanding of electrical systems and power distribution and familiarity with trade and power tools
- You have basic understanding of production procedures for taped and live programming
- You are comfortable working at various heights on ladders and lifts (bucket, scissor) and are capable of lifting a minimum of 25 pounds. You are comfortable working in awkward positions and tight spaces
- You must be able to communicate seamlessly with Directors, Producers and other Technical staff
- Work quickly and as part of a team under challenging production time constraints
- You must understand the importance of health and safety procedures
- Able to work flexible schedules in a 24-hour, seven days a week news environment (days, nights, overnights, weekends & holidays)
- Light travel when necessary