Your Future is here!
Fox News is committed to delivering news as it happens. We love what we do and we’re looking for passionate, talented people to help us lead, grow and achieve our goals. If your dream is to work in TV, joining the number one cable news network in America is the opportunity of a lifetime. You will work side-by-side with the best in the business and be part of a highly successful, dynamic team that has transformed the way people get their information.
As a Freelance Hairstylist for Fox News, you know how to ready a person for their close-up! Your skills in hair styling guarantee that you can make anyone feel confident in their own skin. You will be a member of a team of artists responsible for preparing Fox News anchors, reporters and guests to appear on national television. This role will require a high level of proficiency in hair styling for both men and women, as well as the ability to understand and work in the rapidly changing environment of cable news.
A snapshot of your responsibilities:
- Hair styling in a manner appropriate for television. This too must often be accomplished very quickly and includes a high level of proficiency in the techniques of blow-outs and velcro roller set, as well as using hot irons to accomplish volume and smoothness and a defined hair style for women.
- Provide excellent customer service for guests who are visiting the Fox News Channel and always projecting a friendly, helpful demeanor for guests and other staff alike.
- Demonstrate good judgement in solving problems as well as identifying problems in advance, and proposing solutions.
- Be a team player at all times. Jumping in to help others who are readying guests for air, as well as being a good steward of the hair and makeup room and sharing in this responsibility with other artists.
- Keeping the hair and makeup room and one's personal space clean, tidy, free of clutter and identifying for management products that need to be replenished so that supplies are well stocked.
- Understanding that the nature of television news requires employees to be able to change their schedule and/or work earlier or later than a planned shift to accommodate the needs of a news bureau responding to breaking news.
- Demonstrated ability of television hair for both men and women.
- Minimum 1-2 years experience in working in the field of hair for television news.
- Meticulous and careful in their work with a very high personal standard of excellence.
- A positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain the extremely professional behavior that is necessary as a representative of Fox News Channel involved in the greeting and looking after of guests appearing on the air