The Hair Stylist is responsible for readying Fox News Anchors, reporters and guests to appear on television. The role will require a high level of proficiency in hair styling for both men and women in an extremely fast paced environment.
- Hair styling in a manner appropriate for television. This too must often be accomplished very quickly and includes a high level of proficiency in the techniques of blow-outs and velcro roller set, as well as using hot irons to accomplish volume and smoothness and a defined hair style for women.
- Provide excellent customer service for guests who are visiting the Fox News Channel and always projecting a friendly, helpful demeanor for guests and other staff alike.
- Demonstrate good judgement in solving problems as well as identifying problems in advance, and proposing solutions.
- Be a team player at all times. Jumping in to help others who are readying guests for air, as well as being a good steward of the hair and makeup room and sharing in this responsibility with other artists.
- Keeping the hair and makeup room and one's personal space clean, tidy, free of clutter and identifying for management products that need to be replenished so that supplies are well stocked.
- Understanding that the nature of television news requires employees to be able to change their schedule and/or work earlier or later than a planned shift to accommodate the needs of a news bureau responding to breaking news.
- Demonstrated ability of television hair for both men and women.
- Minimum 1-2 years experience in working in the field of hair for television news.
- Meticulous and careful in their work with a very high personal standard of excellence.
- A positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain the extremely professional behavior that is necessary as a representative of Fox News Channel involved in the greeting and looking after of guests appearing on the air
Additional Job Requirements:
- Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through careers.foxnews.com to be considered
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, including weekends and nights.
- Must be willing to work in NYC
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
Description of Organization: FOX News Channel (FNC) is a 24-hour all-encompassing news service dedicated to delivering breaking news as well as political and business news. A top five cable network, FNC has been the most-watched news channel in the country for 15 years and according to a Suffolk University/USA Today poll, is the most trusted television news source in the country. Owned by 21st Century Fox, FNC is available in more than 90 million homes and dominates the cable news landscape, routinely notching the top ten programs in the genre.
FOX NEWS policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability or genetics, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. FOX NEWS equal employment opportunity philosophy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, transfer, promotion, employee benefits, compensation, and termination.