Your Future is here!
Fox News is committed to delivering news as it happens. We love what we do and we’re looking for passionate, talented people to help us lead, grow and achieve our goals. Joining the number one cable news network in America is a singular opportunity to be part of a highly successful, dynamic team that has transformed the way people get their information.
Fox News Channel DC is looking for a Freelance Field Photographer with proven news skills and a minimum of 5 years professional experience in the field. As a Field Photographer you have strong lighting skills, experience with long format shoots, as well as the flexibility and speed to work in a fast paced breaking news environment.
A snapshot of your responsibilities:
- You will use Panasonic P2 camera and file workflow operations
- Perform basic ENG field photography
- You will be able to edit using Final Cut Pro and Adobe Premier
- Use multi-camera assignments
- You will run audio for single and multiple camera set-ups
- You will use FTP, LiveU, Streambox, BGAN operations
- Use satellite, Nucomm microwave, fiber and truck transmissions/operations
- Work under a nonstandard work schedule, including overtime and weekends
- You are able to work well with field photographers, satellite truck operators, engineers, field producers and reporters
- You have a camera, audio mixer and gear with IFB gear for at least two subjects.
- You have tungsten and HMI lighting for a Standup Live Shot and sit down one on one interview. Panasonic P2 500, 2000 or 5000 is preferred.
- Working knowledge of field audio mixers
- You are able to mix and route audio for multiple camera shoots
- Proficient in mixing Live remotes with IFB communications
- A valid clean driver’s license and can multi-task in the field
- You have experience with video photography and non-linear video editing
- Experience with lighting techniques
- Familiar with streaming technologies, microwave trucks and satellite newsgathering vehicles
- Team player and adaptive to flexible work environment
- Positive work ethic and ability to work under tight deadlines
- Available to work weekdays, evenings, weekends and holidays as required
This job requires a random drug/alcohol testing pool, subject to quarterly tests.Your employment is contingent on a successful initial drug/alcohol test and driver’s license background check.