Your Future is here!
Fox News is committed to delivering news as it happens. We love what we do and we’re looking for passionate, talented people to help us lead, grow and achieve our goals. Joining the number one cable news network in America is a singular opportunity to be part of a highly successful, dynamic team that has transformed the way people get their information.
Fox News Channel is looking for Freelance Desk Assistant to join our Fox News family and work on the Assignment Desk in the DC Bureau. This is a growth potential position that can lead to a staff job.
A snapshot of your responsibilities:
- You will work on the Assignment Desk as an assistant to the Assignment Editor in coordinating coverage of news events in a fast paced 24-hour news environment.
- You will track news stories via twitter, newswires and other news organizations
- You will work with editors, producers and reporters to produce news segments for live air.
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in journalism, communications, political science or a related field
- 1 year of broadcast experience in a network or local newsroom
- Good editorial judgment as well as strong logistical skills
- Candidates must be willing to work all shifts including weekends, nights and overnight
- Knowledge of national politics and the DC area a plus
- The ability to work well in a fast paced and intense atmosphere
- Familiarity with iNews
- Flexibility to work various shifts and weekends
- Motivated, self-starter who is able to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize is a necessity
- Desk Assistants must maintain a constant curiosity and an aggressive pursuit of news
- Research skills of current events and ability to monitor social media for news