Your Future is here!
Fox News is committed to delivering news as it happens. We love what we do and we’re looking for passionate, talented people to help us lead, grow and achieve our goals. Joining the number one cable news network in America is a singular opportunity to be part of a highly successful, dynamic team that has transformed the way people get their information.
We are looking for a Field Technician to join our New York Bureau. As a Field Technician you will be provided countless opportunities to work with field photographers, satellite truck operators, engineers, field producers and reporters. You have the versatility and preparedness to be in the bureau one day, shoot and edit the next and operate an easy-to-use auto acquisition satellite truck the final day.
A snapshot of your responsibilities:
- You will gain ENG field photography experience
- Working with Panasonic P2 cameras and multi-camera assignments
- Setting up audio for single and multi-camera set-ups
- Utilizing Adobe Premiere editing
- Filing workflow operations
- Comfort with many alternative transmission methods that include LiveU, BGAN, IP, FTP
- Leading Satellite, Nucomm microwave, fiber and truck transmissions and operations
- You have experience with lighting and knowledge on lighting techniques as well as experience with long format shoots
- Experience with video photography and non-linear video editing
- Working knowledge of field audio mixers and the ability to mix and route audio for multi-camera shoots
- You are proficient in mixing live remotes with IFB communications
- Familiarity with streaming technologies, microwave trucks and satellite news-gathering vehicles
- Willingness to learn on a transmitting satellite camera crew vehicle.
- Willingness to be trained to drive a larger vehicle
- You must have a clean driving record with a Commercial Driving License being a plus
- You are willing to travel extensively and be able to deploy at a moment’s notice to support the demands of 24-hour news operation
- You have the flexibility and speed to work in the ever-changing breaking news environment
This job requires a random drug/alcohol testing pool, subject to quarterly tests.Your employment is contingent on a successful initial drug/alcohol test and driver’s license background check.