Role Purpose: The Director HR for Fox News Bureaus is responsible for providing strategic and operational HR leadership across the 10 news bureaus, approximately 375 employees. The HR Director will serve as an integral partner to the bureau chiefs in helping support the bureaus continued success. You will be responsible for overseeing the following areas … recruiting, organization design and development, employee engagement initiatives, diversity and inclusion initiatives, succession planning and employee relations.
- Develop and implement the bureaus HR plan, supporting the strategic and annual operating plans.
- Translate organizational strategy into meaningful and relevant HR initiatives that advance and support the bureaus initiatives.
- Serve as a senior advisor, coach, and trusted resource to the bureau chiefs and the leadership team. Need to also serve as an employee advocate and proactively address employee relations issues.
- Provide leadership and direction to the management team and business unit to resolve HR problems, manage organizational change and drive success.
- Counsel management on HR issues such as organization design, leadership development, succession management, change, performance management, training, human resource policy, talent retention strategies and compensation.
- Plan and manage the delivery of all HR support to employees including; recruitment, organizational development, training, compensation, benefits, communications, diversity & inclusion and talent management initiatives.
- Evaluate opportunities to improve effectiveness in areas such as organizational structure, work processes, teamwork, and leadership.
- Collaborate with Corporate HR on processes and policies to be deployed in the bureaus
- Travel 50% to 9 bureaus outside Washington DC. Serve as HR point person for international news bureaus.
- Lead operational excellence initiatives to optimize HR performance.
- Promote a positive employee relations environment.
- Promote cross bureau alignment to ensure consistent application of processes and programs
- 12+ years direct Human Resources and People Operations experience, with 5+ years leading HR/People Ops/Talent Acquisition teams in high growth companies
- Bachelor’s degree and/or Masters in a relevant field and appropriate HR certifications
- Track record of developing innovative and forward-thinking talent strategies and initiatives, and successfully scaling a compelling company culture.
- Proven success leading people/talent function.
- Senior business executive who can add perspective and leadership beyond functional responsibility.
- Strong program/project management orientation to develop streamlined human resources programs and processes.
Additional Job Requirements:
- Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through careers.foxnews.com to be considered
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure especially during breaking news cycles.
- Must be willing to work in Washington DC and travel up to 50% of the time to other 9 bureaus.
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
Description of Organization: FOX News Channel (FNC) is a 24-hour all-encompassing news service dedicated to delivering breaking news as well as political and business news. A top five cable network, FNC has been the most-watched news channel in the country for 15 years and according to a Suffolk University/USA Today poll, is the most trusted television news source in the country. Owned by 21st Century Fox, FNC is available in more than 90 million homes and dominates the cable news landscape, routinely notching the top ten programs in the genre.
FOX NEWS policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability or genetics, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. FOX NEWS equal employment opportunity philosophy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, transfer, promotion, employee benefits, compensation, and termination.