Fox News Channel is looking for Freelance Desk Assistants to work on the Assignment Desk in the DC Bureau. This is a growth potential position that can lead to a staff job.
- Work on the Assignment Desk as an assistant to the Assignment Editor in coordinating coverage of news events in a fast paced 24-hour news environment.
- Track news stories via twitter, newswires and other news organizations
- Work with editors, producers and reporters to produce news segments for live air.
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in journalism, communications, political science or a related field
- 1 year of broadcast experience in a network or local newsroom
- Good editorial judgment as well as strong logistical skills
- Candidates must be willing to work all shifts including weekends, nights and overnight
- Knowledge of national politics and the DC area a plus
- The ability to work well in a fast paced and intense atmosphere
- Familiarity with iNews
- Flexibility to work various shifts and weekends when needed
- Motivated, self-starter who is able to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize is a necessity
- Desk Assistants must maintain a constant curiosity and an aggressive pursuit of news
- Research skills of current events and ability to monitor social media for news
FOX NEWS policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability or genetics, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. FOX NEWS equal employment opportunity philosophy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, transfer, promotion, employee benefits, compensation, and termination.