The primary role of this position is to develop, maintain and administer software systems in a real-time broadcast graphics and on-air production pipeline. Duties include a mix of research, development, administration, in-depth troubleshooting, and technical support. This position will have a key role assisting with the design and development of the software and processes to improve workflows of off the shelf and custom applications that will enhance on-air programming initiatives. A strong understanding of the fast paced needs of a broadcast environment is essential.
- In-Depth experience with VizRT platforms
- Strong software engineering and development skills
- Working knowledge of 2D and 3D Graphics applications
- Applied knowledge of Live Television Production and Newsroom Systems
- Ability to successfully execute under pressure and tight deadlines
- Flexibility to work within a 24/7 news environment
- Work directly with artists, end users, and show producers in deploying technology on shows in active production.
- Help administer and support a large VizRT Broadcast Graphics infrastructure.
- Research and develop software, systems, and techniques to enhance and support on-air productions.
- Collaborate with other members of the engineering, 3rd party developers and project teams in development of workflows and tools.
- Manage software/hardware updates, new feature testing and release candidate validation of existing software platforms
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technology
- Excellence in problem solving and balancing quick turnaround with long-term quality.
- Must be able to work well with a wide range of personality types, including non-technical end users.
- Must be detail oriented and organized, possess strong communication skills, and be able to prioritize a variety of tasks efficiently.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computing Science or Graphics discipline, or equivalent professional experience
- 4 -6 years of overall experience within Computer Animation or Broadcast Television industries
- 3+ years of experience with the VizRT platform – Viz scene and template design/scripting, MOS driven workflows, Viz Trio Control Room Play-out, and Viz Content Pilot suite
- Experience with database technologies such as SQL, PostgreSQL, DB2, Oracle
- Experience in developing with web services [ REST, SOAP ]
- Ability to parse structured data feeds
- Experience developing with Vbscript, Python, C++ , C#, and XAML
FOX NEWS policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability or genetics, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. FOX NEWS equal employment opportunity philosophy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, transfer, promotion, employee benefits, compensation, and termination.