Role Purpose: The main responsibility of the Assignment Editor/Satellite Desk Operator is coordinating the coverage needs of the Washington, DC Bureau which includes assigning crews, responding to breaking news, actively gathering news & information from contacts and crews, processing & prioritizing incoming editorial & logistical information and ensuring it is delivered to those who need it.
- Aggressively seeking out additional stories and proposing ways to enhance existing coverage is critical to success in this position
- Trafficking the DC bureau studios, booking outside studios, and coordinating/booking the incoming and outgoing feeds between DC and NY as well as around the country for the Fox News Channel and the Fox Business Network
- Work with the Network Pool desk coordinating news pools between the five network news organizations in DC and working with our planning unit to assist with preparing the next day/week coverage plans
- Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years of broadcast experience (preferably in Washington, DC)
- Good editorial judgment as well as strong logistical skills
- A natural curiosity of news is a must
- Keen understanding of how to gather news LIVE in the Washington, DC area and a familiarity with microwave/satellite trucks, LiveU technology, AVOC and various fiber drops around the Washington DC area
- Knowledge of national politics and the DC area
- Ability to work well in a fast paced and intense atmosphere
- Familiarity with iNews, Outlook and ScheduAll
- Motivated, self-starter who is able to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize is a necessity
Additional Job Requirements:
- Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through careers.foxnews.com to be considered
- Must be willing and able to work weekends and have flexibility to work various shifts/days when needed
- Must be willing to work in Washington, D.C.
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
Description of Organization: FOX News Channel (FNC) is a 24-hour all-encompassing news service dedicated to delivering breaking news as well as political and business news. A top five cable network, FNC has been the most-watched news channel in the country for 15 years and according to a Suffolk University/USA Today poll, is the most trusted television news source in the country. Owned by 21st Century Fox, FNC is available in more than 90 million homes and dominates the cable news landscape, routinely notching the top ten programs in the genre.
FOX NEWS policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability or genetics, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. FOX NEWS equal employment opportunity philosophy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, transfer, promotion, employee benefits, compensation, and termination.