Your Future is here!
Fox News is committed to delivering news as it happens. We love what we do and we’re looking for passionate, talented people to help us lead, grow and achieve our goals. Joining the number one cable news network in America is a singular opportunity to be part of a highly successful, dynamic team that has transformed the way people get their information.
We are looking for an Architect to join our Fox News family. As the Architect of Digital Systems Infrastructure you will be responsible for the leadership, management, and performance of the digital infrastructure teams within Fox News. This hands-on position requires experience with server virtualization, cloud infrastructure, delivery of high-availability websites and mobile applications, code deployments, as well as disaster recovery and infrastructure security.
A snapshot of your responsibilities:
- Work with executive management to plan and strategize infrastructure capacity at appropriate levels of scale, efficiency, and cost
- Help to develop business strategies, plans, and initiatives requiring solutions in collaboration with business counterparts
- Apply strong financial management skills in running the Infrastructure group, including annual budget and operating plan development, as well as vendor and contract management
- Work with leadership from across the Digital team to evaluate build vs. buy options for new projects
- Manage ongoing deployments of new projects, and work closely with the development teams on source code management and development workflows
- Develop company policies, procedures, standards, and other best-practice conventions.
- Provide leadership and monitor daily performance of networks, systems, and infrastructure to ensure operations continue within acceptable parameters
- Provide direction to staff when troubleshooting outages, breakdowns, bottlenecks, and production delays
- Plan additions, upgrades, and conversions of network infrastructure, operating systems, and security patches
- Lead the refactoring and design of preexisting software to help increase its cloud relevancy.
- Ensure that operations continue at appropriate scale and efficiency during peak traffic events, and assess the effects of these projects on the network infrastructure
- 5+ years’ experience in systems and software management in a Unix/Linux environment
- 3+ years’ experience delivering infrastructure automation, cloud implementation, and server consolidation solutions
- Strong understanding of features and capabilities of the Amazon Cloud Platform (Security, Firewalls, VPC, EC2, RDS, S3, Lambda, Route53)
- Proven experience in strategic planning and development, project management, and policy development
- Experience as a technologist, manager, innovator, and strategic leader
- Demonstrated ability to execute in an elastic scalable server environment, and proven aptitude to lead large and complex technical projects from concept to delivery
- Proficient with data migrations utilizing Python and AWS solutions
- Experience with large data center cloud migrations
- Advanced networking knowledge (TCP/IP, DNS) and understanding of the AWS Identity and Access Management
- Solid collaboration and communication skills, demonstrated ability to participate in an interdisciplinary team environment
- Proficient in all phases of contracting including vendor evaluation and selection, contract review and negotiations, vendor performance management, and knowledge transfer to internal resources