Role Purpose: This position is responsible for managing and maintaining executive schedules and logistics while also contributing to editorial and special projects. This is an entry-level position with potential for growth within the company. This position requires a Monday through Friday work schedule; candidate must be willing and able to travel and work weekends or nights if required.
- Manage schedules, calendars, and meeting for executives
- Arrange travel and prepare expense reports for direct reports
- Answer and direct calls to appropriate executives and parties
- Take messages and return calls promptly as requested
- Assist Fox News Sunday by coordinating weekly television hits, assisting with FNS social media efforts
- Administrative assistance checking accounts payable batches, checking all employee expense reports for receipts and dates
- Assist employees with expense report entry questions, assist with cellular device administration
- Use editorial judgment to pitch and develop story ideas, perform research for editorial planning and work on special projects as needed
- Special research projects as needed
- Four-year college degree required
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to consistently maintain a high level of professionalism, confidentiality and discretion
- Adapts well to a diverse work environment where every day brings new tasks and responsibilities
- Ability to multitask and function well in fast-paced and high-pressure situations
- Works well in a team environment, as well as independently when necessary
- Strong attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, and Excel)
- Familiarity with social media platforms
Additional Job Requirements:
- Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through careers.foxnews.com to be considered
- Must be willing to work in Washington, D.C.
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
Description of Organization: FOX News Channel (FNC) is a 24-hour all-encompassing news service dedicated to delivering breaking news as well as political and business news. A top five cable network, FNC has been the most-watched news channel in the country for 15 years and according to a Suffolk University/USA Today poll, is the most trusted television news source in the country. Owned by 21st Century Fox, FNC is available in more than 90 million homes and dominates the cable news landscape, routinely notching the top ten programs in the genre.
FOX NEWS policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability or genetics, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. FOX NEWS equal employment opportunity philosophy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, transfer, promotion, employee benefits, compensation, and termination.