We are seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic Accounts Payable Manager, who can roll-up-their-sleeves and be a hands-on leader. In this role you will have the opportunity to ensure adherence to company policy and procedures to maintain and enhance internal controls. In this position you will work collaboratively with other departments to help drive efficiencies.
- Oversee the Accounts Payable function including development, training, and direct supervision of Full time and freelance staff.
- Review and approve accounts payable transactions to support adherence to company policy and approval guidelines
- Analyze, resolve and answer complex or difficult issues
- Manage weekly payment disbursement processes including check and ACH processing and/or wire transfers for domestic and international invoices
- Partner with Travel Coordinator to manage and maintain travel and expense reporting system, including troubleshooting reconciliation questions fielded from employees
- Review and document internal controls processes to meet annual SOX reporting requirements
- Participate in sales tax and SOX audits
- Management of annual 1099 process
- Manage procurement card program (AMEX)
- Oversee communication with vendors to investigate and resolve payment issues in a timely manner
- Preparation of special reports required by management including audit responses and payment analysis
- Investigate and communicate with business managers to resolve invoice related issues
- Work with Accounting management to update company policy and procedures as needed
- 3-5 years of experience in an accounts payable function
- 3 years in a people leadership role
- Ability to adapt to complex and dynamic transactions in multiple systems.
- Excellent analytical skills to manage large amounts of data
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or business related area preferred.
- JD Edwards or Enterprise One experience a plus.
- Industry knowledge and interest in current events and breaking news a plus
- Experience in upgrading accounting workflow system a plus