Role Purpose: The Technical Associate is responsible for the technical operations of the Fox Business Network DC bureau.
- Controlling the technical operations of the DC FBN studio
- Arranging for transmission to NY of all live shots and guest interviews
- Booking transmission and otherwise arranging for and recording incoming feeds
- Planning and coordinating assignments for field crews including notification of start times, hit times and when they are clear to break down
- Greeting guests, delivering them to appropriate studio locations and properly preparing them for air with microphone and earpiece
- Coordinating with FNC staff for the shared use of studios
- Hiring studio from outside vendors when needed
- Occasional editing as needed
- Assist field teams with technical equipment as needed
- Strong technological understanding of Viz, Ardome, iNews P2, liveU and other software and hardware used in the television news production
- Capacity to learn new technology as it is brought in and adopted
- Attention to detail
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple assignments at once
- Ability to work well with others
- Ability to travel if needed, on occasion
Additional Job Requirements:
- Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through careers.foxnews.com to be considered
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news
- Must be willing to work in Washington, D.C.
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
Description of Organization: FOX Business Network (FBN) is a financial news channel delivering real-time information across all platforms that impact both Main Street and Wall Street. Headquartered in New York—the business capital of the world—FBN launched in October 2007 and is available in more than 80 million homes in major markets across the United States. Owned by 21st Century Fox, the network has bureaus in Chicago, Los Angeles, Washington, DC and London.
FOX NEWS policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability or genetics, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. FOX NEWS equal employment opportunity philosophy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, transfer, promotion, employee benefits, compensation, and termination.