Fox Business Network seeks a Freelance Graphic Designer to produce creative, visually compelling graphics to support daily editorial content. This is a temporary, 1 day/10 hours per week position that runs approximately May through August.
- Fulfill quick-turnaround requests for charts, maps, logos, and other custom topical images based on the needs of each show
- Cut out and color correct headshots
- Typeset and proofread text-based artwork such as promos, factoids, and infographics
- Create logos and custom elements for upcoming holidays and business-oriented events
- Work with graphics production group and managers to determine the best way to tell each story
- Candidate must thrive in a live news environment with a heavy workload and tight deadlines
- Proven experience using Photoshop and Illustrator for broadcast design; portfolio required for consideration. Must be proficient using this software on Windows and Mac platforms.
- Ability to fulfill a high volume of daily graphic requests while conforming to established design standards
- Excellent time-management and multi-tasking skills to keep on deadline without sacrificing accuracy or quality of work
- Positive attitude: must be open to receiving assignments and feedback from team members at all levels while staying cool under pressure
- Knowledge of Aftereffects, Vizrt, and other industry technology a plus.
Additional Job Requirements:
- Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through careers.foxnews.com to be considered
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours
- Must be willing to work in New York, NY
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
Description of Organization: FOX Business Network (FBN) is a financial news channel delivering real-time information across all platforms that impact both Main Street and Wall Street. Headquartered in New York—the business capital of the world—FBN launched in October 2007 and is available in more than 80 million homes in major markets across the United States. Owned by 21st Century Fox, the network has bureaus in Chicago, Los Angeles, Washington, DC and London.
FOX NEWS policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability or genetics, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. FOX NEWS equal employment opportunity philosophy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, transfer, promotion, employee benefits, compensation, and termination.